Immunization & Health Insurance Requirements
REQUIRED HEALTH INFORMATION
Assumption University requires all full-time graduate students, all health sciences students and all international students (regardless of credit-load or age) to complete pertinent health forms and upload proof of medical insurance to the Student Wellness Portal. Additionally, all full-time graduate students under 30 years of age, all full- and part-time health sciences students, and all international students must supply proof of immunizations to the Student Wellness Portal.
All required health information must be submitted by using the Student Wellness Portal. You will be able to access the Student Wellness Portal from the front page of your Assumption University Student Portal with your Assumption email username and password. Once you can access your Assumption University Student Portal, you will be able to access the Student Wellness Portal and upload your information.
Listed below are the required immunizations for Massachusetts:
Required Immunizations for Academic Year 2023-2024
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses OR Hepatitis Immune Serology (titer) with lab documentation; OR 2 doses of Heplisav-B given on or after 18 years of age
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) – 2 doses MMR OR MMR Immune Serology (titer) with lab documentation
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) – 2 doses of Varicella OR history of disease OR birthdate before 1980,OR Varicella Immune Serology (titer) with lab documentation
- Tdap (Tetanus-Diphtheria and Pertussis) – 1 dose of Tdap within the past 10 years
- Meningococcal Meningitis – 1 dose of MenACWY required for all full-time students 21 years of age or younger.
For further questions email Brenda Torres or call at 508 767-7325.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires all Graduate students taking six (6) or more credits in the fall or spring semester to submit evidence of medical insurance coverage. If Assumption University does not receive proof of medical insurance coverage, the student will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the University’s medical insurance plan. Graduate students may waive the medical insurance by completing the online medical insurance waiver form available through the Student Account Center via the MyAssumption.Portal. For more information visit the Finance Office student accounts webpage.
Instructions on Waiving Medical Insurance
Once students have registered for six (6) or more credits they will be eligible to waive the student medical insurance by logging into the Student Account Center through the Student Portal. Once logged in, the link to waive/enroll in the student medical insurance will be found on the right hand side, under *Important Information. You will need your student ID number, DOB and your insurance card to complete the waiver.
Once your waiver is completed and approved, please allow 24-48 hours to reflect on your student account.