We offer a nationally recognized course of study that will lead to a rewarding career as a nationally Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) and a variety of other counseling career paths.
Rehabilitation Counseling Program
Graduate Studies Events
Graduate Studies Spring Open House
Spend part of your day with us and learn how a graduate degree or certificate from Assumption College can advance your career.
10th Annual Graduate Studies Symposium
The symposium will include paper and poster presentations by current and recently graduated students from the seven graduate programs here at Assumption College.
Rehabilitation Counseling-specific Requirements
The Rehabilitation Counseling admissions committee reserves the right to request additional material in support of the candidate’s application.
In those cases where the applicant does not meet the requirement of 2.75 overall undergraduate GPA, the following applies: For those applicants with a 2.5 to 2.74 overall undergraduate GPA, acceptance may be given conditionally if other admissions criteria are met. For part-time students, the department will review the student's work at the completion of 4 courses and will make recommendations regarding the removal of the conditional status. For full-time students, such review will also occur after the completion of 4 courses. (Based on graduate policy as of this date, conditional status may be removed if the student achieves a grade of B or better in each of the courses taken).
- All documents, transcripts and other papers submitted for the admittance become property of the College and will not be returned.
- A student is not officially admitted or rejected until the Director of Graduate Enrollment has notified him/her. Applicants are notified of their status in writing.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires that health science students must be immunized against measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus and Hepatitis B.
General Graduate Studies Admissions Requirements
- Completed Application Dated & Signed
- $30 Application Fee (waived for AC Alumni)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcript(s)
- Personal Statement
- Current Resume
- TOEFL or IELTS for applicants whose native language is not English
Financial assistance in the form of scholarships and traineeships are offered to qualified students in the Rehabilitation Counseling program. The Rehabilitation Services Administration Scholarship is funded through a grant by the United States Department of Education/Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA), and the Charles E. Soule Scholarship in Rehabilitation Counseling is funded by an endowment established by Unum Companies.