Preparing well-rounded graduates to become leaders in the private, nonprofit, and public sectors.
Part-time MBA Program
Graduate Studies Events
Graduate Studies Spring Open House
Spend part of your day with us and learn how a graduate degree or certificate from Assumption College can advance your career.
10th Annual Graduate Studies Symposium
The symposium will include paper and poster presentations by current and recently graduated students from the seven graduate programs here at Assumption College.
An Ideal Place to Learn
IACBE Educational Member
Online, on-campus and blended options
Small class sizes
Zachary Daniels, MBAVisiting Instructor of Marketing
Elizabeth O'Hara, Ed.D.Assistant Professor of Management and Marketing
Part-Time MBA Specific Requirements
TOEFL Scores: The minimum accepted score for TOEFL is 540 paper, 200 computer and 79-80 internet and for IELTS is 6.0.
GMAT Scores: The GMAT is not required.
The Admissions Committee will consider the match between your professional interests and Assumption’s program offerings. We recommend that you give considerable thought to the content of your essay as it is an important part of the evaluation process. Success in the MBA program and in the field requires high levels of responsibility, integrity, and interpersonal skill, as well as mastery of theory and research methodology. We are seeking candidates who have thought deeply about their reasons to pursue an advanced degree in business. We encourage you to reflect this thought and to describe your preparation thoroughly in the essay you submit. Your personal statement should answer each of the following questions:
- Describe the academic preparation and skills that you have that you believe qualify you for the rigorous training involved in our master's program in Business.
- Describe what you hope to accomplish academically during your graduate program and the career goals you have for yourself. Focusing on the actual job you would like to have five years after completing your graduate study will bring specificity to your essay.
- Describe your strengths and other qualities that you see as essential to be successful in business.
Recommendation Letters (3): Submit three recommendations from individuals in a position to assess your potential performance in an MBA program. At least one, and preferably more of these references, should be from former professors or other academics. Only letters that are academic or professional in nature will be considered. Recommendations may be submitted using the recommendation form.
References from friends, relatives, or peers/colleagues at work are generally not helpful to the Admissions Committee. Multiple references from the same employer are also discouraged.
If you are relying on work references because of the unavailability of academic references, anyone you ask to complete a reference should focus directly on your ability to meet the demands of a graduate program in business, and not merely report on your employment.
General Graduate Studies Admissions Requirements
- Completed Application Dated & Signed
- $30 Application Fee (waived for AC Alumni)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcript(s)
- Personal Statement
- Current Resume
- TOEFL or IELTS for applicants whose native language is not English