MBA in Healthcare Management
Developing graduates who are well-prepared to lead within the complex 21st century healthcare industry.
MBA in Healthcare Management Program
Graduate Studies Events
(CANCELED) The 11th Annual Graduate School Symposium
Each year current and recently graduated students from the seven graduate programs here at Assumption present their research at the Graduate Studies Symposium. Presentations include paper and posters and entries can be nominated and sponsored by all graduate faculty. The common theme is “excellence”...
An Ideal Place to Learn
IACBE Educational Member
Online, on-campus and blended options
Program developed with healthcare experts
Zachary Daniels, MBAVisiting Instructor of Marketing
Elizabeth O'Hara, Ed.D.Assistant Professor of Management and Marketing
Graduate Visit Opportunities
We invite you to learn more about our graduate programs - either through a visit to campus, or by scheduling a phone conversation with an admissions team member or one of our program directors. Contact us today to learn more!Schedule an Appointment
TOEFL Scores: The minimum accepted score for TOEFL is 540 paper, 200 computer and 79-80 internet and for IELTS is 6.0.
GMAT Scores: The GMAT is not required.
The Admissions Committee will consider the match between your professional interests and Assumption’s program offerings. We recommend that you give considerable thought to the content of your essay as it is an important part of the evaluation process. Success in the MBA program and in the field requires high levels of responsibility, integrity, and interpersonal skill, as well as mastery of theory and research methodology. We are seeking candidates who have thought deeply about their reasons to pursue an advanced degree in business. We encourage you to reflect this thought and to describe your preparation thoroughly in the essay you submit. Your personal statement should answer each of the following questions:
- Describe the academic preparation and skills that you have that you believe qualify you for the rigorous training involved in our master's program in Business.
- Describe what you hope to accomplish academically during your graduate program and the career goals you have for yourself. Focusing on the actual job you would like to have five years after completing your graduate study will bring specificity to your essay.
- Describe your strengths and other qualities that you see as essential to be successful in business.
Recommendation Letters (3): Submit three recommendations from individuals in a position to assess your potential performance in an MBA program. At least one, and preferably more of these references, should be from former professors or other academics. Only letters that are academic or professional in nature will be considered. Recommendations may be submitted using the recommendation form.
References from friends, relatives, or peers/colleagues at work are generally not helpful to the Admissions Committee. Multiple references from the same employer are also discouraged.
If you are relying on work references because of the unavailability of academic references, anyone you ask to complete a reference should focus directly on your ability to meet the demands of a graduate program in business, and not merely report on your employment.
General Graduate Studies Admissions Requirements
- Completed Application Dated & Signed
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcript(s)
- Personal Statement
- Current Resume
- TOEFL or IELTS for applicants whose native language is not English
The Career Development & Internship Center (CDIC)
The Career Development & Internship Center (CDIC) is here to help MBA students build the skills and experience they will need for a successful and meaningful career.
The Career Development & Internship Center can help Assumption’s business students to:
• Develop and refine their resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles
• Find and pursue internship and full-time employment opportunities
• Prepare for job interviews
• Enhance their resumes through project-based work
• Network with alumni and local business professionals through career events
MBA students can contact the CDIC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-767-7227 to set up an appointment.
CEO, Relient Medical Group
This program is responding to a growing need.
Assumption has developed a program that will do a better job of preparing healthcare leaders for the unique challenges of healthcare today - increased data analytics and use of technology, advanced business analysis and outcomes measurement, process improvement & strategy.
Adjunct Faculty, MBA Healthcare Management