Whether you live on or off-campus, all students contribute to a vibrant campus community in which they are welcomed and made to feel at home.
If you do not call a residence hall home, you can still enjoy the full Assumption experience. We even provide to commuter students some amenities enjoyed by students in residence halls and more.
A commuter lounge is centrally located in Alumni Hall, adjacent to Taylor Dining Hall for all students to enjoy while on campus. The lounge, which is open from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. 7 days a week features:
- Full kitchen
- Study spaces
- Large screen televisions and couches to enjoy time with friends
Commuter lockers are also available for use during the academic year. Student Government Association (SGA) provides a lock for the locker. The lockers are located in the basement of Hagan Hall and right outside of the commuter lounge in Alumni Hall.
The commuter club meets in the commuter lounge every Thursday during the common hour starting at 11:30 a.m. Club meetings are a great way to meet other students and have your voice heard. Guest speakers from various organizations across campus are invited to present to the club, ensuring commuters are staying up to date on everything that is happening at Assumption.
Orientation for Commuters
During COMPASS Orientation in June and August, those students who are commuting to campus participates in two commuter- specific discussions. In June, you will meet in the commuter lounge and talk with upper-class commuters about their experience commuting to campus. In August, you will have your class schedule and be able to ask questions, talk about concerns and meet other incoming commuter students.
Tips for Commuters
- Join a student-run club or organization – there is something for everyone here!
- Get involved in intramural and club sports – a great way to bring balance to your academics!
- Attend the commuter club meetings in the commuter lounge every week.
- Go to the Plourde Recreation Center – our state-of-the-art fitness center – in between classes.
- Take full advantage of all of the benefits afforded to you as an Assumption student!
Frequently Asked Questions