July 22 to 26, 2024
Assumption University is pleased to offer a day camp for ninth and tenth grade high school students who enjoy math from July 22 to 26, 2022 from 9:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. In this camp held on the Assumption campus, students will learn discovery topics in pre-calculus and probability in a hands-on environment.
Mentored by trained Assumption undergraduates and directed by Assumption professors with a large mentor to student ratio of 13:30. Several activities will be held outdoors (weather permitting).
There is no cost for this camp and lunch will be provided.
Who Should Apply
- To be eligible to apply to Camp AIM, applicants must be 9th or 10th graders in high school
- Students selected for Camp AIM generally have been referred by a high school mathematics teacher and have a record of strong performance and/or interest in mathematics.
We strongly encourage students from underrepresented and/or underserved populations to apply.
- Underrepresented in mathematics (African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, women)
- Underserved (low socioeconomic means)
- First-generation college prospect
Regardless of race or ethnicity, every applicant who meets the eligibility requirements will be considered.
TEACHERS: To refer students who are strong candidates for participating in Camp AIM, provide your students’ names using this referral form.
For more information contact:
Professor Jessica de la Cruz, Ph.D., Department of Education,
Professor Joseph Alfano, Ph.D., Department of Mathematics,