Refund and Withdrawal Policies
Assumption's undergraduate and graduate withdrawal policies.
Undergraduate Tuition Refund/Withdrawal Policy
This policy applies to withdrawing from the University and not from withdrawing from a single course. No consideration will be given to applications for refunds unless the student has filed an official withdrawal notice with the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs. To obtain a withdrawal form please email Dr. Eloise Knowlton. The date of withdrawal is the last day of attendance. No amount paid is returnable upon a student’s voluntary withdrawal from the University as a matter of right. Also, no refund is made for delay in attending class at the beginning of a term or for withdrawal or dismissal beyond the eighth week of a semester.
Refunds made on tuition will be made in accordance with the following schedule:
- Tuition—100% refund if withdrawal is on or before the first day of classes;
- Tuition—90% refund if withdrawal is after the first day of the week that classes begin and before the end of the second week of the semester;
- Tuition—50% refund if withdrawal is on the first day of the third week of the semester and before the end of the fourth week of the semester;
- Tuition—25% refund if withdrawal is on the first day of the fifth week of the semester and before the end of the eighth week of the semester.
- Refunds on board charges will be calculated on a daily pro-rata basis.
- Refunds on room charges will be calculated on a daily pro-rata basis.
No refunds are granted on fees at any time. Refund checks are issued by Student Accounts once a week and mailed to the student’s address on record with the Registrars’ office. Any refunds due to the student will first be offset against any other amounts owed to the University.
Graduate Refund and Withdrawal Policies
No consideration will be given to an application for a refund unless the student has given notice to the Program Director at the time of withdrawal from a course. The “date of withdrawal” is the date on which the student actually notified the director. No fee paid, or any portion thereof, is returnable as a matter of right upon a student’s withdrawal from the University. Where illness, physical disability or extraordinary circumstances require a student to leave, he/she may file a written request stating the cause(s) of the withdrawal with the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies.
Refunds on tuition will be made according to the following schedule:
For regularly scheduled courses whether online, blended or on campus.
- Withdrawal prior to the end of the 1st week of the semester ...............100%
- Withdrawal prior to the end of the 2nd week of the semester ...............90%
- Withdrawal prior to the end of the 3rd week of the semester ................50%
- Withdrawal after the 3rd week of the semester .......................................0%
For special schedule courses that do not meet weekly (this excludes online, blended, or traditional course format that meet regularly throughout the semester).
- Withdrawal prior to the 1st class session ...............100%
- Withdrawal prior to the 2nd class session ...............33%
- Withdrawal prior to the 3rd class session ...................0%
- Clinical Counseling Psychology, Applied Behavior Analysis or Rehabilitation Counseling: Alexandria Buono, 508-767-7390
- School Counseling, Health Advocacy, Resiliency for the Helping Professions, Special Education or Transition Specialist: Sabine Prizio, 508-767-7297
- MBA: Shelley Walsh, 508-767-7426