Provost Pens Op/Ed for Washington Post on Supreme Court Powers
Assumption College Provost Greg Weiner, Ph.D., and director of the Daniel Patrick Moynihan Center for Scholarship and Statesmanship at the College, authored an opinion editorial piece on the power of the United States Supreme Court, The Supreme Court majority should resist the temptation to expand the Second Amendment in the December 11 edition of The Washington Post.
Provost Weiner has published a number of columns in The Washington Post and The New York Times. They include:
- The Supreme Court majority should resist the temptation to expand the Second Amendment (Washington Post)
- No, Congress should not protect Robert Mueller (Washington Post)
- There will be no winners in the Supreme Court’s wedding cake case (Washington Post)
- It’s all about the president now (Washington Post)
- The Shallow Cynicism of ‘Everything Is Rigged’ (New York Times)
- Trump Has Overplayed His Hand (New York Times)
- The Trump Fallacy (New York Times)
- It’s Not Always the End of the World (New York Times)
- Our Constitutional Emergency (New York Times)
- For Trump, the Political Is the Personal (New York Times)
- Judge Kavanaugh Is One Angry Man (New York Times)
As a scholar on Founding Father James Madison, Provost Weiner is regularly quoted in columns by nationally-syndicated columnist George Will as well as in editorials published by The Washington Post. He is also the author of several books.
While provost, Prof. Weiner is also a member of the College’s Department of Political Science. He earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas Austin and master’s and doctorate degrees from Georgetown University.
Nationally syndicated Washington Post Columnist E.J. Dionne, Jr., to reflect upon optimism in today’s virulent political moment during lecture at Assumption College on March 26.Mar. 5, 2020
Furthering its mission of encouraging the convergence of scholarship and statesmanship, the Daniel Patrick Moynihan Center at Assumption College recently launched the Moynihan Model Senate Project. This program provides Assumption students the opportunity to simulate historical and contemporary Sena...Feb. 24, 2020
Assumption students joined Wish of a Lifetime’s #CupidCrew, along with other area college students, in distributing nearly 500 roses to seniors in local nursing homes.Feb. 19, 2020