Assumption University Designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense by National Security Agency
Assumption University today announced it has become only the fourth Massachusetts university or college – and the only one in greater central Massachusetts -- to be designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA).
Cybersecurity Designation Highlights:
- CAE-CD designation ensures that Assumption cybersecurity program students and the school itself align with national standards for cyber defense education.
- Graduates of a CAE-CD designated cybersecurity program enjoy increased marketability and job benefits.
- The designation for Assumption’s Cybersecurity program runs through the academic year 2028.
- Established just five years ago, Assumption’s Cybersecurity program earned designation on its first attempt -- a rare achievement given the NSA’s stringent requirements.
Annie Becker, National Center for Academic Excellence Program Manager, NSA, in informing Assumption of the designation: “Your ability to meet the increasing demands of the program criteria will serve the nation well in contributing to the protection of the National Information Infrastructure. … A highly skilled cybersecurity workforce is a strategic national advantage.”
Raymond Albert, Professor of Practice and Director of the Cybersecurity Program and University’s Center for Cybersecurity: “Five short years ago Assumption leadership recognized the urgency to establish a cybersecurity program that would uplevel the workforce with highly skilled and knowledgeable cybersecurity professionals. The well-known, severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals has put the country’s cyberspace at risk. Assumption is excited to be part of the effort to protect the nation’s interconnected communications networks that its citizens rely on for safe access to information.”
Demand for cybersecurity professionals at crisis level:
- The shortfall for graduates to enter the cybersecurity workforce is estimated at over 750,000 workers, according to Cyberseek.org., which provides data about supply and demand in the cybersecurity job market.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the employment of information security analyst is set to soar by as much as 35% through 2031 – much faster than the national average for all occupations.
- The BLS also reports that the median annual salary for information security analysts is $120,600 – more than double the national media earnings of workers across all industries.
For more information about the Assumption University’s Center for Cybersecurity, please visit https://www.assumption.edu/people-and-departments/organization-listing/mathematics-and-computer-science/assumption-university.
Before move-in weekend and all its excitement, you need to figure out what to bring with you! Effective back to school shopping is a great way to make sure you are prepared to make the most out of your first year on Salisbury Street. Read suggestions from current Assumption students on what items you should definitely bring!Jul. 26, 2023
Assumption University has announced 545 undergraduate students have been named to the University’s Dean’s List for the spring 2023 semester.May 24, 2023
Members of the Class of 2023 Recognized for Exceptional Leadership and Service with Prestigious Crown & Shield Award
Assumption University has awarded 21 members of the Class of 2023 with the Crown & Shield award, a prestigious honor recognizing students who excel in both their leadership and service to the community during their time as a student.May 24, 2023
Apply to Assumption
Assumption University seeks students who will take full advantage of the extraordinary opportunities available to them. Start your journey and apply today. We look forward to reviewing your application!Undergraduate Admissions Graduate Admissions Post-Bachelor's Accelerated Nursing