Light The Way Scholarship
A Scholarship Opportunity for Incoming Students
Assumption University inspires students, faculty and staff to Light the Way. Our mission reminds us that there is a greater purpose to life and that each individual has gifts and talents to share with the world. In and outside of the classroom, Assumption students are using the incredible resources around them—people, places, opportunities—to feed their minds, grow their hearts, and pass it on.
Assumption’s Light the Way Scholarship is awarded to incoming students who utilize their abilities to Light the Way for others. Whether it’s community service to help people in need, innovation to improve society, or volunteering to heal our planet, this scholarship recognizes and supports students who positively impact the world in their own meaningful way.
Each year, Assumption University will award up to 50, $27,000 scholarships, renewable all four years.*
Meet recent Light the Way Scholars:
Do you Light the Way?
Here’s what you need to know about the application process:
- Applications for the Light the Way Scholarship are due by December 15, 2020.
- A completed Light the Way application includes: electronic application, Light the Way personal statement OR a visual representation of how you Light the Way (for example - PowerPoint, video, or photograph slideshow)
- All scholarship applicants must also have an application for admission submitted by December 15.
- Optional Submission: Letter of recommendation.
- Recipients will be notified by mid-January.
- The Light the Way Scholarship replaces any prior merit-based awards.
For first-time users: You will need to create an account to submit your Light the Way application. To do so, click on the button above and select “create an account.” Once you’ve registered you will be provided with a temporary pin by email. Please validate your account using the provided pin number and then create your password. Once your registration is complete, you will be directed to the Assumption Application Management dashboard, click “Start New Application,” from the dropdown menu, select “2021 Undergrad,” and lastly select “2021 Light the Way Scholarship.” This will create your Light the Way application. You can open your application by clicking on the hyperlink or selecting “2021 Light the Way Scholarship” from the Application Details screen.
For returning users: To access your Light the Way application, click on the button above and select "Log in" to continue to your application. You will need to enter your email address and password to access your Assumption Application Management dashboard. Once logged in you can open your application by clicking on the hyperlink or selecting "2021 Light the Way Scholarship" from the Application Details screen.
- Students must submit a 500 word reflection by March 1 each year to describe how they fulfilled the mission of Light the Way that year.
- Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7.
Students who fail to meet all renewal criteria will be placed on probation for one year. If renewal criteria is not met in year 2, the student will forfeit the Light the Way Scholarship.