In Worcester, you’ll enjoy the excitement and opportunity of a major city that’s a true college town.
The Second Largest City in New England
Number of university students in Worcester
5 times – Worcester Recognized as an All-American City by the National Civic League
Class of 2020 participation in internships, research, service learning and/or student teaching opportunities
Meaningful Internships in an Economic Hub
An impressive 84% of Assumption’s class of 2018 participated in undergraduate research, internships, service learning and/or student teaching opportunities before graduation. Like them, you can build vital professional skills by landing a coveted internship in business, the arts, athletics, education, life sciences, health care, and other industries in Worcester.
Hundreds of Additional Course Options
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA), Assumption allows you to take for-credit classes at 10 nearby universities. Through HECCMA, you can also participate in events at member schools and use other Consortium university libraries free of charge.
Endless Ways to Stay Active
From kayaking on Lake Quinsigamond and skiing Mount Wachusett, to ice skating on the Worcester Common Oval and swimming off the coast of Cape Cod, stellar recreational opportunities are easily accessible from Assumption’s campus.
A Center of Arts and Entertainment
See a play at The Hanover Theater. Enjoy an exhibition at the Worcester Art Museum. Catch your favorite musician at the DCU Center. In Worcester, you’ll have access to cultural experiences that stimulate your mind, expand your cultural lens, and add joy to your university experience.
As one might expect from a major city, Worcester has an impressively broad range of exceptional eateries—from traditional American diners and steakhouses to Spanish tapas restaurants and Japanese ramen houses. Shrewsbury Street alone offers more than a dozen eclectic dining options.
An Accessible Location
While students generally stay local on weekends, Worcester is close to many popular destinations. Boston and Providence are a quick car, train, or bus ride away, Cape Cod is just two hours by car, and New York City is a one-hour flight from the Worcester Regional Airport.
Getting Around Worcester
Not bringing a car to campus? Don't worry. Through a partnership with Uber for Business, Assumption will subsidize some of your rides around the city.
Worcester has so much to offer, the sooner you get started on your Worcester Bucket List, the more time you’ll have to experience it all.
• Visit an exhibition at the Worcester Art Museum
• Catch a Worcester Bravehearts baseball game
• Order “the Assumption” at New England Roast Beef
• Attend a show at The Hanover Theatre
• Ski or hike Mount Wachusett
• Cheer on the Worcester Railers hockey team - run by Mike Myers '93!
• Spend an afternoon shopping and dining on Shrewsbury Street
• Choose from one of the 100 new eateries opened over the past 2 years
• See your favorite performer in concert at the DCU Center
• Become a candlepin champion at Colonial Bowl
• Kayak on Lake Quinsigamond
• Order the Nitro Cold Brew Coffee at Lock 50
• Visit Worcester’s famous diners
• Enjoy an ice cream cone at Gibson’s Dairy Farm
• Shop in the oldest art store in the country, C.C. Lowell Art Supply Co.
• Escape a room at the Escape Games
• Ice skate on the Worcester Common Oval
• Join Working for Worcester to help improve the community
• Taste an array of flavors at Worcester’s own Polar Beverages
Apply to Assumption
Assumption University seeks students who will take full advantage of the extraordinary opportunities available to them. Start your journey and apply today. We look forward to reviewing your application!Undergraduate Admissions Graduate Admissions