This page is for currently enrolled Assumption College students.
Thank you for your interest in working at the d'Alzon Library. We have a limited number of open positions available for members of the classes of 2021 and 2022. Please see the application instructions below.
- Please complete an Application for Student Employment, which is submitted to Nancy O'Sullivan, Head of Access Services. If you have any questions, please contact Nancy at email@example.com or 508.767.7271.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee employment. We often have many more applications than positions to fill.
- Applicants are considered on the basis of skills, experience, and hours available. Work study students are given priority in the hiring process.
- Most hiring takes place before the start of the academic year, though we do hire some students in the spring semester.
- Nancy reviews all applications and contacts qualified candidates to set up an interview.
Student Jobs in the Library:
- Front Desk Student Assistant: Provides excellent customer service to all library users, checks items in and out, shelves items, assists with InterLibrary Loan (ILL), and scans materials for ILL and e-reserves.
- Research Student Assistant: Assists Research Support Services staff with preparing materials for library instruction classes, as well as creating promotional materials for our Marketing Committee. Also fills-in at the Research Help Desk as needed.
- Technical Services Student Assistant: Assists Serials and Cataloging staff with the receiving, processing, and shelving of items.