Class of '71 - 50th Reunion
Great news future Golden Greyhounds!!! As you know our 50th Reunion will be in-person, having been officially been moved from the first weekend of June to one of the first two weekends in October.
Early indications suggest that we will achieve an attendance record exceeding each Reunion since our graduation. The following are some of your 1971 classmates who are planning to join us in October on Salisbury Street: Joe Araby, Dan Micari, Geoff Earls, Dick Wright, Frank Szivos, Ray Valade, Mike Wilbur, Brian O’Brien, Rich Giannino, Serge DeBari, Artie Lindberg, Mike Hoban, Bill O’Dea, Tom Mack, Donald LaBonte, Jake Jones, Brian Kelley, Aldo Sicuso, Alfred LaBonte, Tony Forcelli, Bob Dupuis, Bill Esposito, Fran DePeter, Ron Pike, Wayne Shepperd, Jim Cuccaro and Lou D’Abramo.
We have exciting news about gift-giving in celebration of the 50th Reunion!! Classmate Mike Tsotsis has offered a matching gift challenge of up to $50,000 toward the total amount that is received from our designated contributions to the Class of 1971 Endowed Scholarship. Thank you Mike!
If you have made a commitment to give based on contact with a member of the Gift Committee, then NOW would be an ideal time to GIVE BACK in meeting Mike’s challenge. If you are still planning to make a gift, please do so by May 31, 2021. More than 30 classmates have already made contributions to our Endowed Scholarship totaling $22,980 so let’s take advantage of Mike’s offer to raise an additional $50,000 for future Greyhounds.
The 1971 class gift card is enclosed with an envelope to return to Salisbury Street. If you prefer, a time-saving way to donate is to go to this website and follow the simple instructions. In addition to our Endowed Scholarship, several other designations are available such as athletics, academic departments, and the new health sciences building.
Members of our Social Committee have planned activities (Golden Greyhound induction dinner, Assumption trivia, campus tours and events, hotel reservations, etc.) A full schedule of Reunion activities will be emailed to you once our Reunion weekend is finalized in early summer. At that time, you will be requested to respond as soon as possible whether you plan to attend.
Let’s not leave any money on the table!!! Please take advantage of Mike’s generous offer by sending in your gift towards our $50,000 challenge. Make plans to join your classmates in a Reunion that will be a unique experience that will renew old memories and establish new ones. Don't miss these special opportunities!
The 1971 Reunion Committee
50th Reunion Coordinator
Chairman of the Social Committee
Amazing ... It has been 50 years since we left Salisbury Street as a group. Now it is time to take a look back and perhaps give back.
One of your classmates (listed below) will contact you this fall. We don’t want to Hound you, but we do want to ask you to consider a financial gift to our Assumption College (now University) Class of 1971 Endowed Scholarship. Financial aid is a great need for current students.
Our Gift Committee’s consensus is that we want to invest in the future of the university and its students. Your financial support will help do so ... and simultaneously, thank Assumption for what it gave to us - a pathway to a career, a family life and a strong faith.
In addition, alumni who focused their undergraduate degree and career in the sciences have an opportunity to support the University’s new Health Sciences Building. This would be a great way for this group of alumni to support the School of Nursing and the School of Health Professions as part of the 50th Reunion.
These two class initiatives are planned to be legacies of our class, a fitting “thank you” that celebrates our 50th Reunion and Assumption University.
Thanks, in advance, for your consideration. If you have any questions, please contact our class liaison Melanie Demarais.
Dr. Bob Belisle
Class Gift Committee, Chairman
50th Reunion Coordinator
Friday, June 4
Special class events:
- Golden Greyhound Induction dinner on Friday night
Saturday, June 5
- Tour of the Worcester Art Museum with Prof. Paul Mahon ’66, tours of campus led by President Francesco C. Cesareo, Ph.D. and tours of the new Tsotsis Family Academic Center.
- 12 noon
- Leadership Brunch for all Golden Greyhounds (free 1971), President’s Council members and 1904 Society Members
- Alumni Awards ceremony
- Houndfest – in the plaza area of the Tsotsis Family Academic Center
- Live music, food trucks, kids activities
- Assigned areas per class under the tent.
- 9 p.m.
Sunday, June 5
- Reunion Breakfast followed by Mass at the Chapel of the Holy Spirit.
- Mr. Thomas J. Bill
- Mr. Paul Blasavage
- Mr. Daniel P. Bourque
- Mr. Jerome J. Boyle
- Mr. Joseph J. Callahan, III
- Mr. Thomas M. Clark, III
- Rev. George J. Diliddo
- Mr. Kevin M. Dolan
- Donald C. Farwell, Ph.D.
- Roland J. Florio, M.D.
- Mr. Richard J. Furtado
- Rev. Irvin Gagnon
- Mr. Randolph J. Gould, Jr.
- James B. Hanley, D.M.D.
- Mr. Charles A. Harvey, Jr.
- Mr. Edward D. Henrichsen
- Mr. Robert Horvath
- Mr. Peter M. Johnson
- Mr. William F. Katter
- Mr. Charles R. Kennedy, II
- Mr. Frank E. Klick
- Mr. James R. Lash
- Mr. James F. Lawless
- Mr. Joseph S. Leary
- Mr. Marc L. Letendre
- Mr. Gerald M. Longworth
- Mr. Ian P. MacDonald
- Mr. Kevin P. McNeill
- Mr. Robert M. Messina
- William J. O'Connor, Esq.
- Philip A. Pelosi, Ph.D.
- Mr. Stephen F. Plaza
- Mr. John Sevivas
- Mr. Michael C. Sheehan
- Mr. Bradley G. Stevens
- Mr. William R. Toney
- Mr. Charles J. Hammarstrom, Jr.
- Mr. E. Kevin O'Brien
- Mr. Franklin J. Frontera
- Mr. Guillermo H. Hurtado Cuellar
- Mr. Herbert P. Lepage
- Mr. John P. Nyhan
- Mr. Michael B. Jacobsen
- Mr. Rafael A. Figueroa
- Mr. Raymond L. Demers
- Mr. Robert Banas
- Mr. Robert J. Gardner, Jr.
- Mr. Robert L. Rogers
- Mr. Thomas P. Condon
- Mr. Thomas P. Kozak
Golden Greyhounds are Alumni who have graduated from Assumption University 50 years ago or more. The Class of 1971 will be inducted into this special community of fellow Greyhounds who have a distinguished place in the history of Assumption University.
- Timothy Stanton, Vice President
- Melanie Demarais HA'92, Assistant Vice President for Leadership Giving and Stewardship
- Linda Burlingame Rosenlund '82, Assistant Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations
- Emily Murray '00, Advancement Officer
- Matt Levins G'19, Advancement and Alumni Engagement Coordinator
- Nicki Lazaros, Assistant to the Vice President
- Christina Nathan, Senior Director of Advancement Services
- Joanna Toscano, Gift Processor
- Diana Judge P'04, Data Entry Clerk,
- Amy Logue Gontarz '01, G'08, Director of Alumni Relations
The Assumption Fund
- Tim Martin, Director
- Michael Guilfoyle, Executive Director of Communications
Office of Communications
- Amy Hague Sacco '98, Director
- Timothy Stanton, Vice President
Revist Assumption's 54th Commencement honoring the graduating Class of 1971. This Commencement program contains the names of degree recipients and Commencement speakers; an order of exercises; and other related information. View it here.