Enhanced, or New, Learning & Student Life Facilities
Construction is underway on a 60,000-square-foot state-of-the-art academic building, that will contain 13 high-tech, flexible classrooms, seminar rooms, common study spaces, a 400-seat performance hall, a rehearsal room, a multi-purpose space, faculty offices for the Assumption Core Texts and Enduring Questions Program, the Business Studies Department, the Honors Program, the Center for Teaching Excellence, and a new Center for the Study of Ethics.
More than half a million dollars in renovations were recently completed in Taylor Dining Hall, the primary dining facility on campus that offers students an array of meal options for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The recently constructed 8,800-square-foot Tinselly Campus Ministry Center expands and enriches programs that contribute to the spiritual formation of students.
The campus of the College's recently top-ten ranked study abroad program in Rome, Italy underwent a $1 million renovation, creating a modern living and learning environment for students spending a semester studying in Rome.
Expansion of Academic Offerings
- Rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, Assumption's Core Curriculum helps students engage with the essential works, ideas and enduring goals of the liberal arts and sciences through a comprehensive, far-reaching course of study - and ensures that they'll have the tools, experience and knowledge they'll need to become leaders in their field.
- The College's Career Development and Internship Center works with students to support their transition to the workforce, graduate school or post-graduate service programs, assisting students beginning in their first year.
- Earn a bachelor of arts degree and a law degree in only six years with guaranteed scholarships for law school.
- Earn a bachelor of arts degree from Assumption and a bachelor of science in Engineering from Notre Dame.
- Fulfilling a significant workforce demand, the new Applied Behavior Analysis Program will accept students in fall 2016.
- Apply undergraduate courses to a Master of Arts in Heritage Studies from Regis College.
- Washington University in St. Louis’s School of Engineering & Applied Science (SEAS) and Assumption now offer a Dual Degree Program in Engineering.
- The new Actuarial Science major prepares students for a meaningful career in a rapidly expanding field.
- New majors in Criminology and Education and an expanded Health Professions Advisory program are available to students.
- English Professor Jim Lang, Ph.D. was awarded a highly competitive Fulbright Grant to collaborate as a Fulbright Specialist with three Colombian universities to create a free, public resource for higher education faculty.
- Assumption faculty are collaborating with colleagues in Nairobi, Africa to develop a strategic plan for I’Institute Superior Emmanuel d’Alone de Buenos (ISA),
- Online summer courses were introduced, providing students an affordable means by which to catch up or expedite the completion of their degree.
- Assumption College has established the Center for Teaching Excellence to advance the quality of teaching in higher education.
- Sophomore Initiative at Assumption (SOPHIA) provides a unique initiative for sophomores that will encourage them to find a deeper connection between their spiritual and religious commitments and their personal and professional lives.
Recognizing Students with a Commitment to Service
- Fifty, $24,000 Light the Way Scholarships that recognizes and supports students who demonstrate an outstanding contribution and leadership in innovation, peer engagement, social justice and community service in congruence with the mission of Assumption College.