A program that focuses on the educational, functional and social/emotional needs of students. Consistent with the philosophies of counseling and education programs, emphasis is placed on the critical importance of self-determination and self-advocacy in the transition process.
Transition Specialist Program
Graduate Studies Events
The 11th Annual Graduate School Symposium
Each year current and recently graduated students from the seven graduate programs here at Assumption present their research at the Graduate Studies Symposium. Presentations include paper and posters and entries can be nominated and sponsored by all graduate faculty. The common theme is “excellence”...
Graduate Visit Opportunities
We invite you to learn more about our graduate programs - either through a visit to campus, or by scheduling a phone conversation with an admissions team member or one of our program directors. Contact us today to learn more!Schedule an Appointment
- B.A. or B.S. (with a 3.0 overall GPA) for admission in the Transition Specialist: Certificate of Graduate Study (C.G.S.)
- M.A. or M.S. for admission in the Transition Specialist: Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (C.A.G.S.)
- Completed Application Dated & Signed
- $30 Application Fee (waived for AC Alumni)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcript(s)
- Personal Statement
- Current Resume
- TOEFL or IELTS for applicants whose native language is not English