The Reach Out Center, affectionately known as ROC, is Assumption College’s community service organization for students. Assumption students gain positive and rewarding experiences through volunteering in the greater Worcester community – and you can choose to volunteer on a weekly basis or occasionally.
- Mentor children
- Tutor teens
- Recreational activities with children and adults with special needs
- Visit with veterans
- Refurbish abandoned houses
- Share a meal with adults in transition
Community service is a very popular activity among Assumption students. It enhances students’ liberal arts education and creates an environment on campus that is inspiring and supportive of civic responsibility and community action.
Some of the agencies that our volunteers work with include:
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Central Massachusetts
- Community Harvest Project
- Elm Park Community School
- Nelson Place School
- MA Veteran's Inc.
- Matthew 25
- Nativity School of Worcester
- Pernet Family Services Homework Club
- Rainbow Childhood Development Center
- Special Olympics with Seven Hills Foundation
- Worcester Housing Authority