Name: Erin Kinback
Hometown, State: Shrewsbury, MA
Major: Organizational Communication
Internship: Dress for Success, Boston and Worcester
- Organize inventory for the boutique (clothing/accessories)
- Input donors’ information in the Matchmaker database
- Work directly with Executive Director on grant research and other development activities
- Create and mail acknowledgment letters to donors
- Correspond with other Dress for Success affiliates and corporate office
- Maintain appearance of boutique – replenishing stock as needed
The Dress for Success mission is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire and a network of support and career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Dress for Success is an international non-profit organization that has served more than 650,000 women around the world. As an intern here, I am able to be a part of this inspiring movement and use my communication and business skills to help the company grow.
As a Client Services/ Development Intern, I am utilizing the skills I have gained in my Organizational Communication major . Working with clients one-on-one allows me to use my communication skills effectively in order to ensure that women are receiving the best service possible in a way that makes them feel empowered and inspired. I also have a strong desire to learn more about grant writing and grant research and I am excited to delve deeper into this field as my internship continues.
I have found that working one-on-one with Dress for Success clients who wish to better themselves and further their careers is very inspiring and rewarding. I leave work consistently feeling fulfilled and knowing that I have made a difference, even if it is a very small one. Meaningfulness is something I know I am seeking in a career, and I have been fortunate enough to find that opportunity through Dress for Success.