A Lifelong Relationship with Your Greyhound Family
Career Development & Internship Center (CDIC)
The CDIC uses Handshake, a recruiting platform that helps students and alumni connect to professional opportunities, and offers resources to search and post job opportunities and internships. Also, alumni can choose what type of assistance they may be willing to provide to Assumption students, such as job shadowing, informational interviewing or answering questions via email. For more information, contact the CDIC.
The Assumption College Alumni Association offers networks of alumni in various regions across the country. If you are interested in getting involved with the Alumni Network in your area, contact Amy Logue Gontarz '01, G’08.
Admissions Application Fee Waiver
Alumni are our best ambassadors and recruiters! Please help us spread the word about Assumption. Do you know high school students who would make perfect Greyhounds? Just fill out the short Alumni Referral Program form, and we will reach out to them directly and introduce them to the many opportunities available to students here – in the classroom, on campus, in the community, and around the globe.
Request a Transcript
Order your transcript electronically and receive it electronically through Parchment. For questions and/or more information, please contact the Registrar's Office at 508-767-7355.
The Alumni Office regularly shares College news and information about upcoming events by email. If your email address has changed, please share with us your updated contact information.
Host Your Event on Campus
Assumption College offers a number of exquisite meeting, dining and reception facilities through our Conference Services Office. To reserve the Chapel of the Holy Spirit for a wedding, please contact Campus Ministry.
When you apply to one of Assumption’s select group of graduate programs, you join an impressive family of working professionals, faculty scholars, consultants, and visiting speakers from the Worcester corporate and education community. Build a career-boosting network while earning an advanced degree.
Continuing and Career Education
Alumni can take advantage of Assumption's many fine educational offerings, including a 50% standby discount on CCE courses for alumni and spouses.
Worcester Institute for Senior Education (W.I.S.E.)
Assumption College is proud to sponsor the Worcester Institute for Senior Education (W.I.S.E.), a Learning in Retirement Institute open to senior citizens in Central Massachusetts who are interested in continuous learning. It is a member-run organization in which peer learning and active participation are key concepts. Members create their own educational programming and, through peer learning, share their experience and knowledge on topics of interest to them.
For more information about W.I.S.E, please call 508-767-7513.
Alumni Board and Contact Information
- Timothy Stanton, vice president
- Melanie Demarais HA'92, executive director
- Linda Burlingame Rosenlund '82, director of alumni engagement
- Emily Murray '00, advancement officer
- Nicki Lazaros, assistant to the vice president
- Christina Nathan P'21, director
- Joanna Toscano, gift processor
- Diana Judge P'04, data entry clerk
- Amy Logue Gontarz '01, G'08, director
The Assumption Fund
- Tim Martin, director
- Michael Guilfoyle, executive director of communications
Office of Communications
- Amy Hague Sacco '98, director
- Timothy Stanton, vice president
President: Michela D'Eramo Mesa '06
- Major: social and rehabilitation services
- Employment: Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Assumption years: Student Government Association; orientation leader
Recipient of the Young Alumnus Award in 2016
Vice-President: Thomas Wales, Ph.D. '98
- Majors: Chemistry and Spanish
- Employment: research associate professor, Northeastern University
- President’s Council member
Secretary: Stephanie Boucher Rudzinski '09
- Major: English
- Employment: Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions at WPI
- Fun Fact: At 9 years old, broke femur on the playground at school. Spend 6 weeks in traction and the following 8 weeks in a cast!
- Favorite Assumption memory is meeting husband Andy senior year.
- Assumption years: Student Government, Admissions Ambassador, Tour Guide.
Immediate Past President: Robert Knittle '85
- Major: Mathematics
- Employment: Director of Mathematics, Hudson Public Schools
- Fun Fact: Never enjoyed video games, even Centipede Asteroids or PacMan. PONG, however, was awesome!
- Favorite Assumption memory was having a cookout at Dr. Fry’s house as a senior Math major. It was so much fun to gather with other friends at a professors house. Additionally, seeing Southside Johnny on campus in Taylor – great music, bad show.
- Assumption years: Math Club, Communitas, Intramurals.
Dan Anastas '10
- Major: theology
- Employment: senior compensation analyst, Forrester Research, Cambridge, MA
- Assumption years: Student Government vice president for financial affairs; Student Honors Council & College Honors Program; Dean of Students’ Judicial Affairs & Appeals Board; Crown & Shield Award recipient; met fiancée Erica Henrickson ’12.
President’s Council member
Carleigh Baldwin, Esq. '11
- Majors: history, political science
Employment: attorney at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, Boston, MA
- Assumption years: President, Student Government Association; Reach Out Center; Campus Activities Board; Campus Ministry; Tagaste Committee.
- Favorite memory: studying for finals with roommates in “the living room” of Charlie’s.
- President's Council member
Christof Chartier CE'12
- Major: liberal studies from the College’s Continuing Education program
- Employment: owner of C.M. Chartier Contracting, Templeton, MA
- Married to Lauren Kelly ’10; both parents attended AC as well as one brother and several uncles.
- President’s Council members
Lou D'Abramo '71
- Majors: natural sciences, mathematics (pre-Med)
- Employment: retired, former graduate school dean, Mississippi State University
- Assumption years: Inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1980 for track and football; received the Fr. Louis Dion, A.A. ’47 Outstanding Achievement Award in 1996.
President’s Council members
Mary Lou Saraceno Gendreau '90
- Major: Music/Fine Arts
- Employment: Formerly a Corporate Educator for ING; Member of the Parents Advisory Council and Volunteer for Berlin Public Schools in CT; Lector for St. Paul Church in Kensington, CT.
- Fun Fact: I started taking piano lessons three years ago
- Favorite Assumption memory: 1988 College Chorale Tour to Germany and France; 1990 College Chorale Tour to Russian and the Czech Republic and many fun memories with my roommates!
- Assumption Years: Chorale, Chamber Ensemble; Drama/Theater Workshop; Lector within Campus Ministry. President's Council Member.
- Other: It is an honor and privilege to serve on the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Libby Ginnetti '63
- Major: Foreign Affairs
- Employment: Peace Corps Thailand 1963-1965 (English Teacher). United States Agency for International Development Vietnam Rural Development Officer 1966-1969. American International Group, various life insurance sales management positions in Philippines, Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Moscow, New York City. Retired 2002.
- Favorite Assumption memory is impersonating Fr. Georges Bissonnette on Maison stage during senior day.
- Assumption years: Soccer, Glee Club, Student Government.
Christina Graziano '10
- Major: Political Science
- Employment: Attorney specializing in mass torts and complex civil litigation
- Favorite Assumption memory: Student leader camp and Friday afternoon Shakespeare’s Politics group with Professor Dobski.
- Assumption years: Student Government Association (VP for Academic Affairs and Senator), Orientation Leader, Student Finance Committee (led at the time by fellow Board member Dan Anastas!)
- Other: President’s Council Member, 2010 Recipient of Fr. D’Alzon Most Distinguished Crown and Shield.
Eileen Friedmann Hirst '74
- Major: Political Science
- Employment: Former Chief of Staff, San Francisco Sheriff’s Department (Retired)
- Favorite Assumption memory is learning both inside and out of the classroom and informing personal, spiritual and professional life in ways simple and profound.
- Assumption years: Student Government
Liliana Jorge '13
- Major: international business with a minor in French
- Employment: creative services manager at Sperry, Wolverine Worldwide
- Fun fact: “My entire life I thought I wanted to be a teacher. After attending Assumption and studying business and subsequently working as an after-school program instructor at Boylston Elementary, I realized I am not built to teach. Assumption quickly pointed me in the right direction, in more ways than one.”
- Assumption years: Plourde Recreation Center; Cross Cultural Center; ALANA Network; First-year student mentor; track & field, Reach-out Center; Le Provocateur; Sigma Delta Pi; Pi Delta Pi; Orientation Leader 2012.
- Favorite Assumption memory: SEND 2013 trip to Baltimore
Jeffrey Martinath '98
- Major: Marketing with minor in Communications
- Employment: Managing Director with Prudential Advisors in Chicago, IL.
- Fun Fact: I met my wife Sarah (Goodwin ’99) on campus. I also was introduced to my current employer Prudential right on the college campus at a career fair! These are two very important things –my wife and my career –that I am very grateful to Assumption College for bringing into my life.
- Favorite Assumption memory: There are too many great memories to pick just one. I can remember Freshman orientation like it was yesterday. I can remember the feeling of nervous excitement. At the beginning of orientation I was very nervous but at the end it was just excitement and I knew my college years would be very fun and memorable. At that moment, I knew I made the right decision to attend AC.
- Assumption Years: I played a little basketball my Freshman and Sophomore year. I spent a lot of time at the Plourde Recreation Center and the Library. I also work part-time jobs throughout my Junior and Senior Year.
- Other: My wife Sarah and I have 3 children – Serena, Ryan and Kayci – and reside in Hinsdale, IL.
Robert Martin '86, Esq. '86, P'16
- Major: Business Management
- Employment: SVP, Attorney, Claim Advocate/ Advisor at Marsh & McLennan in Boston
- Fun Fact: Alumni Network Ambassador, Class Agent and Reunion Committees. 12 year rider/ 2 year volunteer in annual Pan-Mass Challenge, 192 mile cycling fundraiser, Sturbridge to Provincetown, MA benefitting Dana Farber Cancer Institute; Raised $168,000+ for cancer research, treatment and services. Love music, reading, history, politics, sports, hiking and passionate about fitness. Certified spin instructor and teach Spin 1-2x a week.
- Favorite Assumption memory was meeting future wife Christine Ayers ’86, Spring Break Senior Year
- Assumption years: Varsity Soccer, Ski Club, Intramural Softball
- Other: Son Tom recently graduated with BA ’16 and MBA ’17 from AC
Chris Ayers Martin '86, P'16
- Major: Sociology with a minor in Philosophy
- Employment: 3rd grade teacher Worcester Public Schools
- Fun Fact: Member of Women’s AC Rugby team. The team only lasted 3 practices.
- Favorite Assumption memory was Spree Day.
- Assumption Years: Football Cheerleader, Yearbook, Fire Marshall, Intramural Softball and Basketball, SGA staff
- Other: Married Bob Martin ’86 and our son Tom recently graduated with a BA ’16 and MBA ’17 from AC. I am a seven-year volunteer for the Pan Mass Challenge.
Julie Durkin Ohotnicky '91
- Major: Foreign Affairs with a minor in Economics
- Employment: Associate Dean of College/ Dean of Students at Smith College
- Fun Fact: Sibling, husband, and 4 siblings-in-laws are Assumption graduates.
- Favorite Assumption memory is getting married in the Chapel by two Assumption priests, surrounded by family and AC friends.
- Assumption years: Orientation, Campus Center Management Team
- Other: Lived in Worcester for 2 years following graduation while working at WPI. Then, for 3 years while working at Clark.
Jose Palacios '83
- Major: Mathematics
- Employment: Delivery Partner Executive at IBM for the AT&T account.
- Fun Fact: Became a Red Sox fan while at school and continue to follow the Sox after all these years.
- Favorite Assumption memory: Meeting my wife while at school.
- Assumption Years: Rowing Team.
Kevin Peterssen '08, G'12
- Major: accounting and Master’s in Business Administration
- Employment: United Bank
- Assumption years: Very involved as a student with his class gifts and assisting with alumni events. Married to Krissy de Luca ’08.
- President's Council members
Kelly Cronin Sachleben '90
- Major: English
- Employment: Master’s in Higher Education; have worked at various colleges and universities in Residence Life, Student Activities, Orientation, Greek Life and Community Engagement. Currently a Program Manager in the Office of International Programs at Brown University.
- Fun Fact: Moved to London with husband and 2 children in 2012 where we lived for 18 months.
- Favorite Assumption memory is Chorale trips overseas.
- Assumption years: SGA President, Chorale, Theatre, Chapel Choir, Orientation Leader.
Patricia Field Verderese '73
- Major: French; Graduate degree in 2000 in religious education
- Employment: volunteer and Board of Trustee Associate at the Nativity School of Worcester, Pakachoag Music School of Worcester, Board member – Music Worcester, Venerini Academy
- Assumption years: Favorite memory is meeting her future husband, Paul ’72; worked on the switchboard; helped in the President’s office; and chaired the Parent’s Weekend event.
President’s Council member and member of AC's Campus Ministry Christian initiation team.