A Scholarship Opportunity for Incoming Students
Assumption College inspires students, faculty and staff to Light the Way. Our mission reminds us that there is a greater purpose to life and that each individual has gifts and talents to share with the world. In and outside of the classroom, Assumption students are using the incredible resources around them—people, places, opportunities—to feed their minds, grow their hearts, and pass it on.
Assumption’s Light the Way Scholarship is awarded to incoming students who utilize their abilities to Light the Way for others. Whether it’s community service to help people in need, innovation to improve society, or volunteering to heal our planet, this scholarship recognizes and supports students who positively impact the world in their own meaningful way.
Each year, Assumption College will award up to 50, $25,000 scholarships, renewable all four years.*
Do you Light the Way?
Here’s what you need to know about the application process:
- Applications for the Light the Way Scholarship are due by December 15, 2018.
- All scholarship applicants must also have an application for admission submitted by December 15.
- Recipients will be notified by mid-January.
The Light the Way Scholarship replaces any prior merit-based awards.
- Students must submit a 500 word reflection by March 1 each year to describe how they fulfilled the mission of Light the Way that year.
- Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7.
- Students must take GLS 112: Perspectives on Global Humanitarian Relief, a one credit course that challenges students to gain a deep understanding of global migration, of Catholic social teaching connected to that issue, and of the relevant humanitarian efforts of Catholic Relief Services.
Students who fail to meet all renewal criteria will be placed on probation for one year. If renewal criteria is not met in year 2, the student will forfeit the Light the Way Scholarship.