The Common Application has changed significantly over the last few years, improving the navigation of the application and making it easier for students to complete. With this new format, we would like to offer some helpful tips for completing the Common Application successfully.
- You can access the Common Application at www.commonapp.org.
- The Common Application is organized into sections. After successfully completing a section, you will see a green check beside it in the dashboard. If a yellow dot appears, there are unanswered questions in that section.
- Before submitting your application, you must select your recommenders. The term "recommenders" applies to guidance counselors and teachers alike. These people will be submitting letters of recommendation on your behalf.
- All applications must be submitted with some type of online payment.
- There is a "Help Center" on the right side of every electronic page of the application. The Help Center provides information about the questions on each page. Be aware - the order of the help topics does not necessarily align with the order of the questions on the page.
- If you cannot find the answer to your question, you can submit a question to the Common Application help team here. Common Application will answer your question within one hour.