Assumption College took a bold step in February 2014 to address the national challenge of college affordability. Recognizing the importance for families to develop a financial plan without the worry of unpredictable tuition increases, Assumption developed Assumption Assurance – a four-year tuition freeze program.
The program has been extended for a third consecutive year, ensuring that the Class of 2020 will have their tuition rate frozen for four years at the 2014-2015 rate.
Assumption Assurance blends many elements of a quality education with a pricing policy that provides families with the security of predictable tuition rates. Assumption believes this is the right thing to do to ensure that a college education remains an achievable goal for college-bound students.
The hallmarks of Assumption Assurance include:
- An exceptional, classic liberal arts undergraduate education with access to Assumption’s premier graduate programs
- A four-year tuition freeze for currently enrolled students and the Class of 2020
- A robust internship program which 75 percent of 2015 graduates completed before graduating
- The opportunity to spend a semester at the College’s campus in the heart of Rome, Italy.
Many private four-year instiutions will increase their tuition rate at an average of 4% per year. For students who are considering schools with total cost of approximately $50,000 per year, Assumption Assurance has the potential of saving them more than $22,000 over four years. And for those considering schools that cost more, the potential savings is even higher.
The College continues to offer generous scholarships of up to $22,000 per year, and over 90 percent of students receive some form of financial aid. Thanks to strong existing and new academic programs, the College has experienced record interest in the past several years.
Assumption Assurance: In the News
- Telegram & Gazette: Editorial – Tuition freeze a welcome step
- Telegram & Gazette: Assumption to freeze tuition rates for freshmen
- Masslive.com: Assumption College in Worcester freezes tuition for incoming students, freshmen, sophomores
- Worcester Business Journal: Assumption announces 4-year tuition rate freeze
- Worcester Business Journal: Assumption extends tuition freeze to class of '19
“We applaud Assumption for this decision. The freeze provides parents breathing room financially as well as clarity, as they plan their budgets.” – Telegram.com
“Assumption College plans to make tuition less of an unknown for its students.” – Masslive.com
“Assumption College is doing something unique; they are freezing tuition. It’s a novel concept…kids are loving this.” – Fox25 Boston