Assumption's Rankings and Academic Reputation
“Best Regional University”: U.S. News & World Report again named Assumption a “Best Regional Universities” in its 2017 Best Colleges guide, ranking the College in the top quarter of approximately 200 regional universities in the north that offer bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
"Best Value": Also in its 2017 Best Colleges Guide, U.S. News & World Report recognized Assumption College as a "Best Value - Regional Universities North". University Research and Review also recognized Assumption as a "Best Value" citing the College's excellence in affordability, graduation statistics and overall student satisfaction
“Best 381 Colleges”: The Princeton Review named Assumption to its 2017 “Best 381 Colleges” list in recognition of the College’s strong academic programs and faculty commitment to student success. The Princeton Review also named Assumption one of the “Best Regional Colleges” in the Northeast, a designation awarded to Colleges that are considered “academically outstanding and well worth consideration in your college search.”
The Wall Street Journal Times Higher Education ranked Assumption in the top 1/3 of colleges in the country and in the top 1/2 of colleges in the Northeast.
“Top 50 Colleges for Study Abroad Programs”: The College’s Rome, Italy campus is ranked in the top 1/2 of colleges for study abroad programs by LendEDU.
“Top 10 in the Nation”: The Rome Campus is also named one of the top 10 "best study abroad programs in America” by the independent college rankings journal Best College Reviews.
Top Third: The Economist ranks Assumption in the top 1/3 of four-year non-vocational American colleges, ranked by alumni earnings above expectation.
Return on Investment: The New England Board of Higher Education ranked Assumption 14th of 51 Massachusetts colleges and universities for a student's return on investment.
“Smart Choice”: College Raptor named Assumption College as one of the nation’s 43 Smart Choice colleges.
“College of Distinction”: Assumption was named a “College of Distinction” for providing innovative, teacher-centered undergraduate education and preparing its graduates for real-world success.
“Best for Money”: College Factual ranks Assumption in the top 5 percent in “Best for Money” in New England and in the top 5 percent for “Best in Money” in Massachusetts.
"Best Value for Tuition Dollar": Money Magazine ranks Assumption in the top 1/3 of schools that provide the best value for your tuition dollar.
“Best College in the North”: College Choice ranks Assumption a “Best College in the North” in recognition of its academic reputation, average amount of scholarship and grant aid per student, overall net cost and the average starting salary for graduates.
"Best 4-Year College in Massachusetts": Learn How to Become has ranked Assumption the 7th best college in Massachusetts.
Top 25 Percent: Educate to Career ranks Assumption in the top 25 percent for educational attainment to career outcome data.
Recognition for Best College, Value, Location and Size: Niche.com ranked Assumption in the top 1/2 of the 2017 Best Colleges in America; top 1/4 of Best Value Colleges in America; top 1/3 for Best College Locations in America; and the top 1/2 of Best Small Colleges in America.
Additional Distinctions for Assumption College
- “Best Online Liberal Arts Degrees”: (The Community for Accredited Online Schools)
- "Best Learning Environment" (Learn How To Become)
- "Best Value Colleges and Universities..." (University Research and Review.)
Strength of Academic Programs
- Accounting: Top 15 percent program and best value (College Factual)
- Accounting: Accounting Degree Review ranked Assumption College’s accounting program in the Top 10 Undergraduate Accounting Programs in Massachusetts.
- Biology: Top 15 percent best value program (College Factual)
- Business, Management and Marketing: Top 10 percent in highest paid graduates category (College Factual)
- Computer Science: Assumption was named a "Top 20 Small College for Computer Science" by The Bookmark.
- Digital Marketing: Value Colleges ranked Assumption's Digital Marketing Certificate program in the "Top 30" nationwide.
- Education: Top 1/2 Best Colleges for Education (Niche)
- English: Top 10 percent most focused. (College Factual)
- Health Professions: Top 5 percent most focused program. (College Factual)
- International Business: Top 15 percent program and top 10 percent for best value. (College Factual)
- Marketing: Top 15 percent program and best value. (College Factual)
- Mathematics & Statistics: Top 15 percent most focused. (College Factual)
- History: Top 10 percent in best value. (College Factual)
- Political Science: Top 10 percent best value. (College Factual)
- Psychology: Top 10 percent for best value (College Factual) and top 1/2 Best Colleges for Psychology in America (Niche)
- Sociology: Top 15 percent best value (College Factual)