Assumption College requires that all new, full-time undergraduate: students, international students (full or part time) and all Health Science students (full of part time) to submit completed health information including proof of immunizations to Student Health Services.
Students who fail to submit required documentation by the deadline (July 15th for fall semester enrollment and January 9th for spring semester enrollment) will be prohibited from attending classes, living on campus, and/or practicing/playing a D-II sport.
All health information must be submitted online.
You will receive an email from Student Health Services to your Assumption College email account with the link to your online Assumption College Student Health Portal (Medicat). You will use that link to enter your required health, immunization, and insurance information. You will also have to upload (scan or take a photo) your immunization documentation from your medical provider’s office and your insurance card. Please begin to gather this information now so you will be ready when the link is sent to you. Listed below are the required immunizations for Massachusetts:
Required Immunizations for Academic Year 2017-2018:
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses required for 20 mcg; dose 1 and 2 at least 4 weeks apart; does 2 and 3 at least 8 weeks apart; or Hepatitis Immune Serology with lab documentation attached
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) – 2 dosed MMR; dose 1 after 1st birthday, dose 2 at least one month after dose 1; or MMR Immune Serology with lab documentation attached
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) – 2 doses of Varicella required; dose 1 and 2 at least 4 weeks apart; or history of disease, or Varicella Immune Serology with lab documentation attached
- TDaP or Td (Tetanus-Diphtheria and Pertussis) – 1 dose of Tdap within the past 10 years or a Td booster within the past 5 years
- Meningococcal Meningitis (required for students living on campus) – 1 dose of MPSV4 or 1 dose of MCV4 in the last 5 years; or signed waiver
Questions? Please call Student Health Services at 508-767-7329 or email firstname.lastname@example.org