The Assumption College Women in Leadership Forum was founded in 2011 with the mission to promote professional networking and high-impact program opportunities among Assumption College students, alumnae, parents and friends of the College to advance the emerging leadership roles of professional women in the non-profit, entrepreneurial, governmental and corporate world.
Through its networks and partnerships, the Forum seeks to encourage and engage women to be active participants in the College community.
The Women in Leadership Forum is a collaborative effort between the offices of Institutional Advancement, Business Studies and Career Services.
The Women's Leadership Forum strives to:
- build the capacity of emerging leaders by providing a community of alumnae and parent mentors to advise, support and share professional experiences and best practices with students
- serve as a resource for internships, career decisions and professional advancement
- increase the visibility of professional women with Assumption connections
- encourage alumnae and parents to be engaged with the College and to generate lasting relationships
- identify and address the challenges facing women in leadership positions