Information Technology & Media Services:
Exceeding the technology needs of students, faculty, and staff at Assumption College
Assumption offers a wide range of technical services and support to the campus's students, faculty, and staff. With 4 computer labs, 8 computerized classrooms, and a broadcast-quality media center, students are provided industry leading tools and facilities to encourage advanced learning. The technology needs of Assumption College are provided by the Office of Information Technology and Media Services (IT&MS).
- Approximately 95% of students bring computers to campus.
- Our 100Mb internet service provides speeds roughly 25x faster than the average broadband-connected household*.
- In addition to wired network, all residence halls and academic areas are also connected wirelessly. Wireless internet is also available in public areas like Charlie's, the Emmanuel d'Alzon Library, and Taylor Dining Hall.
- Our network ensures that your computer meets our requirements and prompts you to install the College's anti-virus software.
- Student support is available throughout the year to assist and troubleshoot problems by appointment.
IT Center and Media Center
The Information Technology Center was completed in 2002 as an addition to the Fuller academic building. The 21st century technology support center houses labs and classrooms for collaborative projects, multi-media, foreign language work, and access to leading edge systems.
- Free black & white laser printing.
- 4 computer labs and 8 computerized classrooms.
- Classroom technology is updated annually with the latest instructional technology services.
- The DiPasquale Media Center offers broadcast quality multi-media and video production, including two production studio classrooms.