“The Eternal City,” Rome, is a treasure of art, culture and history – a place where the foundation of western civilization was built. Against this rich backdrop, Assumption College has opened a satellite campus.
The Rome Campus Experience
- This semester-long experience is open to sophomores, juniors and seniors at Assumption and other colleges and universities.
- The satellite campus is staffed by full-time Assumption faculty, each well-versed in the region and related fields of study.
- The curriculum offers five strong liberal-arts courses each semester, so that students might fulfill general education requirements.
- The city itself becomes a “living classroom” with visits to culturally and historically significant locations.
- Travel opportunities to explore other sites of note will also be scheduled. Students may pursue other travel opportunities on their own.
- Program size is limited to 25 students per semester.
A Greater Understanding
Assumption students in Rome will be immersed in the best of the classic liberal arts tradition, which is woven into the fabric of the city. From art to history to politics, they will gain a deeper understanding of the world they live in, and the world it comes from.