“The Eternal City,” Rome, is a treasure of art, culture and history – a place where the foundations of Western Civilization were built. Against this rich backdrop, Assumption College has created a unique study abroad program that enriches our students’ academic and cultural pursuits and takes advantage of all that Rome has to offer.
The Rome Campus Experience
- This semester-long experience is open to sophomores, juniors and seniors at Assumption and other colleges and universities. (Click here for affiliations and credit transfer information.)
- The Rome campus is staffed by full-time Assumption faculty, each well-versed in the region and related fields of study.
- The curriculum offers five or more strong liberal-arts courses each semester, allowing students to fulfill general education requirements.
- Located in the heart of the city, the campus's placement and easy access to transportation allows Rome itself to become a “living classroom” through visits to culturally and historically significant locations.
- A modern, fully-equipped facility houses both classrooms and living accommodations, enables family-style meals and fostering a warm, collegial environment.
- Travel opportunities to other cities and sites, included in tuition, are an important part of the Assumption Rome program. Students may pursue other travel opportunities on their own.
- Program size is limited to 25 students per semester.
- Home stays are also possible.
A Greater Understanding
Rome Program participants will be immersed in the very best of the classic liberal arts tradition, which is woven into the fabric of the city. From art to history to politics, students gain a deeper understanding of the world in which they live and its ancient and modern origins.
- Read what recent students have to say about their semester in Rome
- Be a Part of Rome! Applications for the Fall Semester are due April 15; Applications for the Spring semester are due October 15.