Hounds for Haiti Efforts Launch
““The Assumption community has come together quickly during the first week of the semester to show compassion, care and support for the people of Haiti,” said President Francesco Cesareo. “The scale of this tragedy, while still difficult to comprehend, has deeply affected our community, especially because some of our students have family there. We hope to provide some relief and hope to the earthquake victims through our fundraising efforts and prayers.”
Thursday, Jan. 21
- Students will staff the Hagan Campus Center information booth to collect donations (cash or check) in support of relief efforts in Haiti. Checks should be made out to Assumption College – Haiti. All donations will be combined into one check from the Assumption College community. Donors will receive bracelets – red with a blue bead (Haitian flag colors) – to remind them of the ongoing efforts to care for the earthquake victims.
- Collection jars will be placed in Taylor Dining Hall, Charlie’s, the Plourde Recreation Center, d’Alzon Library and the book store.
- Mike Ward, general manager with Sodexo, Assumption’s food services provider, has announced that Sodexo will donate the cost of all lunches purchased in Taylor Dining Hall on Friday to the Hounds for Haiti fund.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear red on Friday to show support for the Haitian people in need.
- Hounds for Haiti red T-shirts will be sold for $5 each in the Plourde Recreation Center at the men’s (1:30 p.m.) and women’s (3:30 p.m.) basketball games versus St. Michael’s College during Winter Homecoming.
- Tickets will be sold for a 50/50 raffle. Proceeds will be donated to the relief effort in Haiti.
- Campus Ministry will offer a prayer service at noon in the Chapel of the Holy Spirit for the people of Haiti.