Heritage Studies M.A. Latest Academic Partnership at Assumption
Assumption College and Regis College have established an innovative collaboration that makes higher education more enriching and affordable.
Starting this fall, Regis will offer preferred admission to qualifying Assumption students, who will receive credit toward their Master of Arts in Heritage Studies for up to two qualifying Assumption undergraduate History courses. With an estimated savings of $4,000, the agreement with Regis makes a master’s degree more accessible for qualified students, who will not only save money but earn their degrees more quickly, which could give them an advantage when searching for employment.
“This agreement provides Assumption undergraduate students with an opportunity to benefit from the strengths of two outstanding institutions as they earn a master’s degree,” said Professor Deborah Kisatsky, chair of Assumption’s History Department. “Assumption College offers excellent preparation for graduate level work, and Regis has an exceptional graduate program. As such, we are happy to partner with them.”
The partnership with Regis is available to students from all majors. Examples of qualifying courses for Master of Arts credit include the American Studies Seminar, Vocations in Public History and Women of the World. Students have the option to complete the remaining eight courses for the Master of Arts in one year. For details and requirements, contact History professors Deborah Kisatsky (email@example.com) or Carl Keyes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Assumption College enjoys over a dozen similar articulation agreements with other degree programs at prestigious colleges and universities across the country that enable Assumption students to receive undergraduate course credits and/or go on to highly regarded graduate programs. These agreements, with respected institutions of higher learning such as the University of Notre Dame, offer students numerous opportunities for guaranteed admission and/or accelerated degrees or intensive study.
Assumption’s articulation agreements and partnering colleges include:
- biotechnology, health professions – Northeastern University
- chiropractic – Bridgeport University, New York Chiropractic College
- engineering – University of Notre Dame
- environmental science management, forestry management, marine science – Duke University
- history – Regis College
- law – Duquesne University, Western New England College, Vermont Law School
- allopathic medicine – American University of Antigua
- nuclear medicine, nursing – Regis College
- nursing, optometry, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant – Mass. College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- optometry – New England College of Optometry
- osteopathic medicine – Des Moines University
- podiatry – Barry University
Michael Guilfoyle, Executive Director of Media Relations, Assumption College