With ‘Assurance,’ Assumption Making College More Affordable
As many high school seniors begin to select the college they will attend in the fall, Assumption College President Francesco C. Cesareo, Ph.D., announced on Feb. 16, 2014, a new program that offers a tuition pricing guarantee for incoming students that takes a significant step in addressing the national challenge of college affordability while providing an exceptional liberal arts education.
Before a crowd of more than a thousand visitors to campus, comprised of prospective students and their families attending Early Action Accepted Students Day, an annual event hosted by the College for those students who have already received acceptance letters, President Cesareo, shared details of the Assumption Assurance program. Assumption Assurance includes a quality liberal arts education, access to international study and true tuition pricing for a student’s four years at the College. The assurance extends to students and their families a pricing guarantee and assists families in developing a realistic financial plan without the worry of unpredictable tuition increases.
"As the parent of a current college student and two other children who will attend college in the next five years, I know first-hand the challenges families face in not only choosing a college, but also budgeting for that education," said President Cesareo. "There has been much discussion on the national level and throughout the higher education community about these challenges, but few solutions have been offered that will provide a guaranteed benefit for students and their families. Through the Assumption Assurance program, the College is creating greater opportunities for students to realize their potential, achieve the dream of a college degree and pursue a personally fulfilling career."
Assumption Assurance blends many elements of a quality education with a pricing policy that provides families with the security of predictable tuition rates. The hallmarks of Assumption Assurance include:
- An exceptional, classic liberal arts education with professional programs – the very foundation for any successful individual in today’s ever-changing marketplace.
- A four-year price freeze at the fall 2014-2015 tuition rate for members of the Class of 2018 and current freshmen and sophomores for the balance of their four years at Assumption.
- A robust internship program of which nearly 70 percent of 2013 graduates completed before graduating.
- The option to spend a semester at the College’s new campus in the heart of Rome, Italy.
Incoming members of the Class of 2018 will pay the 2014-2015 tuition rate for their four years at Assumption. Current freshmen and sophomores will also have their tuition frozen at the 2014-2015 rate for the balance of their four years at Assumption.
The value of an Assumption education is recognized through graduate success and College recognition:
- 99 percent of Class of 2013 graduates were employed or in graduate school within six months.
- U.S. News and World Report recognizes Assumption as a top tier-school out of nearly 200 regional universities.
- Barron’s has identified Assumption as a "Best Value College."
- The Princeton Review has identified Assumption as one of the best colleges in the northeast.
"Assumption College recognizes the concern many families experience when developing a plan to provide their children with a college education," added President Cesareo. "Not only is the College taking bold steps to address those concerns, but also provides strong academic programs grounded in the liberal arts tradition that educate the whole person, not just one dimension. This new program will help those students enrolling in the fall of 2014 and their families develop a realistic plan for pursuing their higher education goals and obtain a quality education."
For more information, please visit the Assumption Assurance website.
ASSUMPTION ASSURANCE IN THE NEWS
- Watch FOX25 Boston interview President Cesareo about Assumption Assurance, Feb. 17, 2014
- Worcester Business Journal, Feb. 21, 2014: "Assumption Announces 4-Year Tuition Rate Freeze"
- The Boston Globe (via Associated Press), Feb. 19, 2014: "Assumption College Launches Tuition Freeze Program"
- (Worcester) Telegram & Gazette, Feb. 18, 2014, Editorial: "Tuition Freeze a Welcome Step"
- Boston Herald (via Associated Press), Feb. 18, 2014: "Assumption College Launches Tuition Freeze Program"
- (Worcester) Telegram & Gazette, Feb. 17, 2014: "Assumption to Freeze Tuition Rates for Freshmen"
- MassLive.com/Springfield Republican, Feb. 17, 2014: "Assumption College in Worcester Freezes Tuition for Incoming Students, Freshmen, Sophomores"
Kimberly Dunbar, Director of Public Affairs, Assumption College