Debra Domozych at (508) 767-7353 or Lisa Johnson at (508) 767-7412
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Location: Lower level of Alumni Building, through Registrar's Office
Payment of tuition and fees by check, money order or cash may be made at the Cashier's Office.
Petty Cash Procedures
We are in the process of updating many of our procedures in the Finance Office.
One of these procedures will be updating the College’s petty cash procedure. For internal control purposes, please be sure to include the following information on all petty cash slips which are available at the bookstore:
- Record the exact amount of your incurred cost. There is a $50 daily maximum per department.
- The specific purpose of the request must be described.
- Include the account number being charged.
- Only a department head’s “Approval” signature is proper authorization for the reimbursement of petty cash.
- The “Cash Received” signature is required at the time of the petty cash reimbursement. Proper identification may be requested.
- Original supporting documentation such as receipts or calculations (ex. For mileage reimbursement) must be included.
- Purchase of postage (stamps, post cards, etc.) should go through an Accounts Payable check request made payable to U.S. Postmaster.
- Be aware that we are a non-profit (tax-exempt) organization, so legally we are unable to reimburse sales tax.
Unsubstantial requests for reimbursement cannot be cashed. Our preferred method for making payment is by issuing a check request through Accounts Payable. The check request form is available online at http://www.assumption.edu/purchasing.html#forms. Petty cash should only be requested when it is not feasible to request a check.
We ask that you adhere to this procedure when utilizing petty cash. Your continued cooperation in these matters is appreciated and very helpful.