The Center for Teaching Excellence works to foster and contribute to conversations about teaching and learning on the Assumption College campus. The Center sponsors programs and events designed to support all teaching faculty; consults and collaborates with offices, departments, and programs that impact teaching at Assumption College; and gathers and disseminates resources on teaching and learning in higher education.
- New Faculty Orientation: The Center works with the new faculty throughout the year to ensure a smooth transition to teaching on the Assumption College campus.
- Consultation by Request: The Director of the Center is available to consult or collaborate with individual faculty members or with offices, departments, or programs on all matters related to teaching and learning on campus.
- Sponsored Events: The Center will host a monthly Brown Bag luncheon series, Faculty Teaching Colloquia designed to showcase the teaching innovations and experiments of Assumption College faculty; and an Innovations in Higher Education Lecture Series.
- SOTL Working Group: The Center organizes a working group of faculty who are interested in writing and publishing in the burgeoning field of the scholarship of teaching and learning in higher education.
- Resources: The Center will gather and disseminate resources on teaching and learning to the campus through its website, newsletter, and events, including information about conferences, new books and periodicals, trends in higher education, and work being done by faculty on campus.
- Conference Teams: The Center will provide funding for the Director and small teams of faculty to travel to one or two teaching conferences in order to learn about and bring to campus the latest in innovative pedagogies.