- All Club Sports are student run & have an elected executive board
- Students in each club are responsible for the internal organization and conduct of their club activities
- The success and strength of the Club Sports program depends on the initiative, motivation and involvement of club members
- Each Club Sport needs to write their constitution and by-laws, conduct of club meetings, establish dues to offset club expenditures, plan fund raising projects, coordinate practices, competition and special events, publicize club events and work constructively with other club members to develop a successful program
- No Club may restrict its membership on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability
DEFINITION OF A CLUB SPORT
A Club Sport is defined as a recognized student organiziation, which exists to promote and develop interest in a particular sport or physical activity.
Club Sports provide atheltic opportunities through administration by the Recreational Sports Office as a student organization. Participation can be comprimised of all male, all female or co-ed. There are three (3) levels of Club Sports:
- RECREATIONAL - Scheduled practice time and program instruction. Activity by group is for fun and relaxation.
- INSTRUCTIONAL - Scheduled practice time and program instruction as student interest warrants. Tournament opportunities could be availible, though not necessarily required. Skill levels can range from beginer to advanced.
- COMPETITIVE - Scheduled competitive meets with other Club Sports or sub-varsity programs with any institution, requires coach(es), establishes a regular practice schedule and develops on-going fundraising activities through outside sources. Enhanced level of skill development, fundraising and administration.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES OF CLUB SPORTS
The Club Sports program counts heavily on student initiative, organization and financing to make the program effective.
The purpose of the Club Sports program is to offer a sporting and competitive activity for any interested students, faculty or staff members. Any member who has the desire to participate, to develop skills in specific sports and provide an opportunity for extramural competition. The core objectives of Club Sports are as follows:
- Provide a basis for fellowship among students, faculty and staff members around common interests.
- To develop a feeling of belonging and understanding between individuals and groups, through satisfying leisure time experiences, in the shared pursuit of these interests.
- To offer opportunities for the development of leadership skills through the provision of learning experience in the organization and administration of club programs.