Name: Genevieve O’Malley
Hometown: Norfolk, MA
Major: International Business
Internship: Worcester Sharks
- Compare the Worcester Shark ticket packages with their competitor teams in the American Hockey League (AHL)
- Create posters for upcoming events
- Research the community events sponsored by the Sharks
- Update organizational databases of contacts
- Organize birthday celebrations or any type of group outing
The Worcester Sharks are part of the AHL that is storming the country! From hockey player to office worker, each and every team member works hard to make the Worcester Sharks succeed in an enjoyable work environment. All the employees create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
As a ticket sales intern, I observe how a reputable company establishes their brand successfully. In the office, I work on many different projects. My most important task is comparing the Sharks ticket packages with all other AHL teams ticket packages. This is critical for improving the Sharks ticket options, therefore, increasing fan attendance and satisfaction.
In all of my business classes, especially marketing, there is an emphasis on the ability to satisfy consumers. Working in ticket sales requires a sense of friendliness and approachability. Using these customer service characteristics will help me as I move forward in all types of business endeavors!