Students are asked to sign a consent form allowing the director of disability services to create a confidential memo of accommodation, which will be emailed to the faculty member. Students and their faculty will want to have a conversation, which might include:
- Discussing the accommodations listed and ideas on how these accommodations can be implemented.
- Requesting more detailed information on the course format, including exams and assignments.
- Providing more detailed information on the ways in which the disability impacts academics, possibly including learning style, strengths and weaknesses.
All students should feel they have been appropriately accommodated. If they feel this is not the case they should contact Disability Services.
Students who would like to request a residential accommodation should contact the Office of Residential Life for the most current Housing Accommodation Application. Housing Accommodation Applications are due for review by the Student Accommodations Committee at the following times:
- Incoming Students: prior to the final June Orientation program
- Returning students: prior to the spring housing lottery
New documentation must be completed each year an accommodation is requested.
If the request is granted, the College will work with the student to find an appropriate placement. Should the student’s request for accommodation be denied, or should the accommodation proposed by the college be contested, the student has the right to appleal the decision.