At the outset of the accommodation process, students will need to do the following:
- Fill out and submit the Consent and Information Form
- Submit relevant and comprehensive documentation
- Make an appointment with the office of Disability Services
- Meet to discuss the requested accommodations and the accommodation process
What happens next?
Students and their faculty will want to have a conversation, which might include:
- Discussing the accommodations listed and ideas on how these accommodations can be implemented.
- Requesting more detailed information on the course format, including exams and assignments.
- Providing more detailed information on the ways in which the disability impacts academics, possibly including learning style, strengths and weaknesses.
All students should feel they have been appropriately accommodated. If they feel this is not the case, they should contact the office of Disability Services.