Pre-law Preparatory Program
Assumption offers you the advantages of a strong liberal arts education and our pre-law program provides the individualized guidance that helps you prepare to apply to law school.
In addition, Assumption has established several 3+3 partnerships.
- Attend Assumption for 3 years.
- If you fulfill your Assumption requirements and are admitted to one of the law schools with whom we have an articulation agreement, you can enter law school in your fourth year of college.
- Successfully complete your first year at law school and receive your bachelor’s degree from Assumption College.
- Finish your bachelor’s and law degrees in 6 years instead of 7.
Assumption has partnership agreements with:
- Duquesne Law School
- Vermont Law School (rated #1 in the country for environmental law)
- Western New England Law School
Pre-law program advantages
- Study an academic major that appeals to you.
- Choose electives that prepare you for the LSATs and law school.
- Take classes relating to law. Depending on your major, these classes may count toward your given major.
- Receive individualized pre-law advising.
- Complete your bachelor’s and law degrees in 6 years instead of 7 years.
- In recent years, 70% of students in the pre-law program have gotten into the law school of their choosing.
Assumption has a pre-law committee that helps you design your coursework to fit your academic interests. Three experienced Assumption faculty members, representing various majors and dedicated to helping students succeed, comprise the committee.
Gain Practical Experience
You can learn beyond the classroom by participating in a number of activities on campus and through internships. Assumption offers plenty of options, including:
- Participating in Debate club to prepare for the LSAT.
- Meeting Assumption alumni and legal professionals in Worcester area.
- Interning with law firms in the Worcester region.