A significant distinction of Assumption’s HSRS curriculum is a required internship that enables students to develop and refine the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for working as a human service professional. Each student completes a semester-long internship in an appropriate setting. Students meet with their faculty supervisor weekly to process experiences and make connections between these experiences and course content/theory.
Recent Internship Sites
- Auburn Schools
- Department of Social Services
- Devereux School
- Mercy Centre for Developmental Disabilities
- New England Center for Children
- Rainbow Child Development Center
- Shrewsbury Schools
- UMass Early Intervention Program
- West Boylston Schools
- Worcester Public Schools
- Youth Opportunities Upheld, Inc.