Recent Faculty Publications
- The Black Death in Egypt and England: A Comparative Study. Austin: University of Texas Press, 2005.
Frenchmen into Peasants: Modernity and Tradition in the Peopling of French Canada. Harvard University Press, 1997.
- Winner of the Alfred Heggoy Book Prize, French Colonial Historical Society, 1998.
- Translated as De Paysans à Français: modernité et tradition dans le peuplement du Canada français. Les Éditions du Septentrion and Presses de l’Université de Paris-Sorbonne, 2001.
- Editor, French Colonial History, volume 7 (2006) and volume 8 (2007), Michigan State University Press.
- “The Tales of Two Cultures: Ecclesiastical Texts and Nahua and Maya Catholicisms,” The Americas 66, no. 3 (January 2010)
- The United States and the European Right, 1945-1955 (Columbus: Ohio State University Press, 2005).
- American Foreign Relations: A History, 2 vols., 7th ed., with Thomas G. Paterson, J. Garry Clifford, Shane J. Maddock, and Kenneth Hagan (Boston: Wadsworth, 2010).
Working in the Vineyard of the Lord: Jesuit Confraternities in Early Modern Italy (Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2005). pp. xv, 377. January 2007. ISBN: 0-8020-8854-6.
- Awarded the Howard R. Marraro prize for Italian History by the American Catholic Historical Association. The Marraro Prize is given annually to the author of a book that is judged by a committee of experts to be the most distinguished work dealing with Italian history or Italo-American history or relations that has been published in a preceding twelve-month period.
- Associate editor with Karin Finsterbusch, Armin Lange and K. F. Diethard Römheld, eds., Human Sacrifice in Jewish and Christian Tradition (Leiden: Brill, 2006). pp. xii, 365. ISBN 90-04-15085-4.
- Powell, S.*, Vinod, A.*, Lemons, M. L. Isolation and Culture of Dissociated Sensory Neurons From Chick Embryos. J. Vis. Exp. (91), e51991, doi:10.3791/51991 (2014).
- Lemons ML, Abanto ML, Dambrouskas N, Clements CC*, Deloughery Z*, Garozzo J*, Condic ML. Integrins and cAMP mediate netrin-induced growth cone collapse. Brain Res. 2013 Nov 6;1537:46-58. doi: 10.1016/j.brainres.2013.08.045. Epub 2013 Aug 31.
* Assumption students.
- Race Relations in the United States, 1900-1920. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 2009.
- The Birth of Modern America 1919-1939 (Brandywine Press, 2005)
- The AHA Guide to Teaching and Learning with New Media (The American Historical Association, 2005)
- Mississippi Freedom Summer (Thomson Wadsworth, 2004)
- The Triangle Strike and Fire (Harcourt, Brace, 1998)
- The Germans of the Soviet Union, Routlegde, 2007.
- Editor, Rural Women in the Soviet Union and Post-Soviet Russia, (Routledge, 2010)
- The Frankfurt School in Exile. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2009.