A student with a major in another field may elect to pursue a minor in Theatre. This minor is meant to harmonize with a program of study in the liberal arts, while providing the possibility for concentrated work in one of these areas.
A theatre minor requires a minimum of 6 courses that should be taken in the following sequences:
Required courses for Minor:
- THA 286 The Theatre Experience
- THA 387 Acting
- ENG 235 Introduction to Theatre
- Three additional courses from the following:
- One course in dramatic Literature
- THA 491 Theatre Workshop
- THA 491 Performing Shakespeare
- ENG 308 Writing and Editing
- THA 395 Television Production I
- THA 496 TV Production II
- THA 388 TV Communication Skills
- ART 101 Drawing I
- MUS 140 Beginning Class Voice
All Theatre minors must complete a minimum of one-half of the course requirements at Assumption College.
Students can create a major in theatre with assistance from the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Studies.
Theatre Department Courses
For further information regarding the courses below, consult the undergraduate catalog, accessible via the button on the right.
- The Theatre Experience*
- Theatre Workshop
- Performing Shakespeare
- Television Production I
- TV Production II
- TV Communication Skills
* May be taken to fulfill the Core requirement in ART/MUS/THA