Independent Recognition of Assumption’s Academic Reputation
“Best Regional University”: U.S. News & World Report again named Assumption a “Best Regional Universities” in its 2016 Best Colleges guide, ranking the College in the top third of approximately 200 regional universities in the north that offer bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
“Best 381 Colleges”: The Princeton Review named Assumption to its 2017 “Best 381 Colleges” list in recognition of the College’s strong academic programs and faculty commitment to student success. The Princeton Review also named Assumption one of the “Best Regional Colleges” in the Northeast, a designation awarded to Colleges that are considered “academically outstanding and well worth consideration in your college search.”
“Top 10 in the Nation”: The College’s Rome, Italy Campus is named one of the top 10 "best study abroad programs in America” by the independent college rankings journal Best College Reviews.
Top Third: The Economist ranks Assumption in the top third of four-year non-vocational American colleges, ranked by alumni earnings above expectation.
“Smart Choice”: College Raptor named Assumption College as one of the nation’s 43 Smart Choice colleges.
“College of Distinction”: Assumption was named a “College of Distinction” for providing innovative, teacher-centered undergraduate education and preparing its graduates for real-world success.
“Best for Money”: College Factual ranks Assumption in the top 10 percent in “Best for Money” in New England and in the top 15 percent for “Best in Money” in Massachusetts. Best Value for Tuition Dollar: Money Magazine ranks Assumption in the top third of schools that provide the best value for your tuition dollar.
“Best College in the North”: College Choice ranks Assumption a “Best College in the North” in recognition of its academic reputation, average amount of scholarship and grant aid per student, overall net cost and the average starting salary for graduates.
Top 25 Percent: Educate to Career ranks Assumption in the top 25 percent for educational attainment to career outcome data.
Strength of Academic Programs
- Accounting: Top 15 percent program and best value (College Factual)
- Accounting: Accounting Degree Review ranked Assumption College’s accounting program in the Top 10 Undergraduate Accounting Programs in Massachusetts.
- Business Administration & Management: Top 10 percent in highest paid graduates category (College Factual)
- International Business: Top 15 percent program and top 10 percent for best value (College Factual)
- Marketing: Top 15 percent program and best value (College Factual)
- History: Top 10 percent in best value (College Factual)
- Psychology: Top ten percent for best value (College Factual)
- Economics: Top 15 percent for best value (College Factual)