Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Dr. Francesco Cesareo is an internationally renowned papal expert
Since Pope Benedict XVI announced his resignation on Feb. 11, 2013, national and regional media have interviewed Assumption College President Francesco Cesareo for his knowledge of papal history as well as for his expert opinion on the process to elect a new pope. Dr. Cesareo specializes in and has been published on the Renaissance papacy and Catholic Church history. He holds a Ph.D. in Late Medieval/Early Modern European history from Fordham University.
President Cesareo has been interviewed by:
- Boston’s WCVB Channel 5, Feb. 26, 2013: Watch the interview here.
- Associated Press, Feb. 23, 2013: "Reshaped Papacy Raises Questions for Church Future"
- The Wall Street Journal, Feb. 11, 2013: "Contenders in Line to Be Pope." This article also appeared in the German edition of The Wall Street Journal.
- Telegram & Gazette, Feb. 11, 2013: "Pope's Resignation Surprises Bishop"
- Catholic Free Press, Feb. 14, 2013: "Stunned but Not Surprised by Decision"